배너

2015년 1월 22일 목요일

PE 1/21 Something to Chew On

I just want to be certain that we’re not trying to reinvent the wheel. Maybe a little sprucing up is all this place needs.
* reinvent the wheel: to change something that already works
ex> Charlie wastes so much time at work because he’s always trying to reinvent the wheel.
* spruce up: to make something (or oneself) tidy or attractive
= smartening up; spiffing up; slicking up
ex> Rebecca insisted that they spruce up their house before her parents arrived.
ex> Lorelei loved parties because it gave her an excuse to spruce up.

Is this your new menu idea? Let’s see. Hm. I like the simple design. Lots of dishes for sharing – that’s smart. And specialty coffees too. But wait a minute – are these prices for real? Why is everything so expensive?
* for real: actually true
ex> For real? We’re actually getting an extra bonus this year?

Like it or not, it’s human nature. We learned all about it in my marketing program. It’s the same reason you’re always drooling over cars that cost more than they should.
* drool over: to openly want something very much
ex> It’s hard to believe, but his grandfather can actually drool over a farm equipment brochure.
ex> Sometimes we just stand outside the expensive shoe stores and drool over everything they have in the window.

I can’t argue with that, but I’m still on the fence about raising our menu prices that much.
* on the fence: to be undecided about something
ex> I usually know how I’m going to vote, but I’m really on the fence for this election.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기