배너

2015년 1월 19일 월요일

PE 1/17 Review

1. in a heartbeat: without hesitation
ex> If he ask me out, I’d say “yes” in a heartbeat.
ex> Would I relocate to Hon Kong if it meant a raise in salary? In a heartbeat!
They’re my favorite band! I would've gone with you in a heartbeat!

2. tricky: complicated; more difficult than it appears
ex> Balancing a spoon on your nose is very tricky.
ex> The defenseman made a tricky pass to set up the winning goal.
I’m just trying to fix your mother’s blender, but it’s turning out to be quite tricky.

3. out to lunch: to be unaware of or incompatible with the present situation
ex> Either I’m out to lunch or the person who wrote this manual is!
ex> I used to think the city council is out to lunch. But they've really improved.
You've been just sitting there for half an hour, looking completely out to lunch.

4. happy camper: a very satisfied person
ex> He bought Sue the bike she wanted, so she’s a happy camper now.
ex> Two hours at the playground makes my son a happy camper.

5. look sharp: to dress well, especially to impress others
ex> Cristie wanted to look sharp when she met her in-laws at the train station.
ex> If you stand tall and look sharp, no one will guess that you’re not felling well.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기