배너

2014년 12월 16일 화요일

PE 12/5 You Brought Our Son Way Too Many Gifts!

That’s a nice sentiment, but did you have to go overboard?
* go overboard: to do something in an excessive or exaggerated way
ex> I think the decorator went overboard with her use of leather.

Either way, I think you should return at least half of what you bought. I don’t want Christ to turn into a spoiled brat!
* either way: to suggest that both possible choices are equally good or bad
= At any rate; One way or another; In any case
ex> It’s your choice, but either way, you’re going to have to drop one class this semester.
* spoiled brat: a child whose every whim or wish is provided for; a selfish child with poor manners
ex> Timmy was a spoiled brat because his rich grandparents indulged his every desire.

If I did, would you seriously hold a grudge against me for long?
* hold a grudge: to retain one’s anger for something someone else did in the past
ex> Unlike most young girls, Tabitha never held a grudge against her peers when they made mean comments.

Don’t try me! I might not talk to you for a whole hour if you do!
* don’t try me: do not test me; do not challenge my decision
ex> Don’t try me! I’m tired and not in the mood for jokes.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기