배너

2014년 12월 16일 화요일

PE 12/11 Wermont – Winter Camping in Green Mountain National Forest

Why did I let you talk me into camping in the Green Mountains in December? I must have totally taken leave of my senses!
* take leave of one’s senses: to temporarily lack good judgment
ex> When I screamed at the tiny spider, my friends thought I had taken leave of my senses.
Note> To “take leave” means to take a break from one’s normal duties or surroundings.

You’re going to change your mind when we set up camp tonight. Trust me! After a few hours on the trail, we’ll get to spot that is so beautiful it will blow your mind!
* blow one’s mind: to be awestruck
ex> The magician made the elephant disappear and blew the audience’s mind.
ex> It blew my mind that the five-year-old girl could speak seven languages fluently.

Okay, it’s called Little Rock Pond and it has breathtaking views of the mountains, but it’s a really flat area.
* breathtaking: very beautiful or amazing
ex> Walking down the aisle on her wedding day, her beauty was breathtaking.

Bears? Okay. I draw the line at bears. I’m going back to the car and locking the doors.
* draw the line: to state one’s personal boundary on a certain topic
ex> You can eat as much fruit as you want, but I have to draw the line with candy.

Come on, Shea! Don’t be such a chicken! The bears are more scared of us than we are of them. And anyway, the chances are slim that we will be the only campers there even in December.
* chances are slim / slim chance: something is unlikely
ex> I want to be a professional singer. Slim chance since I can’t sing at all.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기