배너

2014년 12월 26일 금요일

PE 12/25 Vermont – Christmas at a Cabin on the Ski Slopes

Isn't this the best Christmas you've ever imagined? I mean, who would have thought we would be this comfortable in such cold weather? And to think, we can ski right out the back door and down to the chair lifts.
* to think: a suggestion that something is very unusual
ex> To think, I almost married him before he was a millionaire!
ex> And to think, just 10 years ago wolves were on the verge of extinction.

Of course, honey. Even though we do have central heating, the fireplace really adds to the ambience.
* ambience: the atmosphere or feeling a place conveys
ex> Sometimes the ambience of a restaurant is more important than the actual food.

I’m so excited. But I don’t know if anything you could give me would top this amazing ski cabin.
* top something: to be better than something
= surpass; hold a candle to; measure up to
ex> It’s hard to top an undefeated season during which a team wins the championship.
ex> A monkey in a suit with a tiny dog on his shoulder? You’re not going to be able to top that act.

It has 10 diamonds – one for each year we've been together. Our anniversary is coming up, so I thought I would get you something that shows you how much you mean to me.
* come up: a date or even approaches
ex> We’re coming up on intermission. Would you like to step out for some food?

You have no idea how much it means to me to see your eyes light up like that!
* one’s eyes light up: when the feeling of joy shows on a person’s face
ex> Jane’s eyes light up every time she talks to Terry.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기